Although there’s a lot of buzz in the skin care industry these days about ‘topical actives’, they are simply the ones that deliver some sort of pharmacological effect to skin. When related to skin care preparations in the US, the FDA approves active ingredients based on research and clinical studies. Cosmetic manufacturers must cling to the FDA’s regulations regarding them.
Anti Aging spa
The idea behind the fight against wrinkles is to re-moisturize and re-hydrate the skin. Failure to do so results in wasted money. Cost of the product is a significant factor in quality versus quantity. I have to say not all expensive products are better but the inexpensive ones may not contain some of the key ingredients used in the higher quality items that make them so successful.
There is also difference in products for men and women. Men want to reverse the wrinkle process, but still keep the rugged and tough skin in tact. Women want to keep the soft and delicate dermis layers. Therefore, many companies have designed different types of antiaging skin care product lines; some for men and some for women. The lines for women can be found everywhere, from drug stores and pharmacies to fine department stores. Usually the product lines are placed near the makeup counters or in the body lotion sections. Men's lines can be found in shaving creams, lotions, and after-shave; typical items that men use daily.
When deciding whether an active ingredient in a anti aging skin care product will be beneficial to your skin, keep in mind the following:
- Are the active ingredients available in sufficient concentration to deliver benefits?
- Are the active ingredients in a formulation that will allow them to maintain their stability over time? (will the product degrade quickly?)
- Can the active ingredients penetrate the skin sufficiently to deliver benefits?
- Are the active ingredients compatible with the inactive ones? Are all the active ingredients compatible with one another?
- Do the active ingredients carry side effects?
Active ingredients include a long list such as sun filters, skin lightening agents, topical exfoliants, antioxidants, retinoids, etc.
Anti Aging raw materials